Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Tropical cyclones in the North sent us here in Perth week long blustery, humid weather. The chill that the wind bought was enough to make me pull out my Clover Canyon pants for one last hoorah before the stifling heat well and truly set in. Providing just enough protection from the wind, but not being heavy enough to trap me in their heat, these silk crepe pants, so I have found, are the perfect transitional piece.
For those of you who may have noticed (a significant decrease in the number of Burger photos taken on Instagram may have been a tip off), I am not living in my Northbridge pad any longer. How long will I be living elsewhere, who is to know? Much like my seasonal wardrobe, my life is currently going through a transition period too. New jobs, new outlooks on life, new goals and new drive have all appeared, and to tell you the truth I am feeling much more 'me' than I have in a long while.
Monday, December 9, 2013
... No really, I don't. Well, maybe that is a bit of a lie because there are a billion trillion things that I want. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about how nice it would be if I could purchase a particular something, but when it comes down to compiling a list of things that I am a) happy to say is concise and a good representation of what I want and b) that I am happy to have my family and friends purchase for me, there is very little that I actually want. Nothing makes me more awkward than longing for a particular present only to be told that it is out of the question... hence me never really having much of a gift request list.
Recently, there are a few things I have noted that I need/want to get for myself, so what better time than Christmas time to share this list with you (and maybe get a few things on my 'to buy' list crossed off for me)?
1. Earrings aren't something I usually wear, but after a short discussion with Kiara from Lion In The Wild, I made a pact with myself that I would start to appreciate them more. I feel like this Chase Dakota pair is a great place to start...
2. Scent always evokes the most fabulous memories. Strawberry Impulse reminds me of my year 8 locker space in summer, the smell of curry reminds me of my Grand dad's house, and Le Labo Rose reminds me of my last 2 summers in Perth - and what fab ones they were. Despite being labelled as a men's scent, this is easily one of my favourite fragrances on me.
3. I was going through all my belongings the other day and I came to the realisation that my sleepwear situation is abysmal. I am talking pyjamas I have had since high school, over sized tees and sleep shorts with disintegrating elastic. How embarrassing. For this reason, a pretty pair of Peter Alexander PJs has wound up on my list of must-haves!
4. My love for Mekel art needs no extra explanation. All I want is an original Mekel to hang above my bedhead.
5. Since working at an Organic Beauty company, I have become more interested in internal health and the likes. I have had my eye on the Pure Glow Juice Cleanse since it's inception and I have been dying to give it a shot.
6. Sequins are a huge part of my life. This sequin clutch from Molten Store is on my list just 'cause.
7. It would appear that I have Mr. Williams on my Christmas wish list. Heck yes I do. If I can't have the real deal, then this exceptional art work (done in coloured pencil might I add) from Elle Wills will do.
8. *Spoiler alert* I am a science nerd. I actually love Chemistry and Physics. They were my two strongest subjects (along with dance) in high school. Anything remotely science like appeals to me, especially when it is reminiscent of old school chem. This apothecary bottle is my idea of home decor heaven.
9. As stated above, inner health is becoming more and more important to me. Carla Oates' Inner Beauty Powder is pretty much the best thing for my gut ever.
10. A new bed means new bed linen. I have always loved Gorman, and I love Gorman even more now that I can have it on my bed.
11. Forget walking on clouds, I want to be walking on a Jeffrey Campbell rainbow please. These. Are. So. Me.
Saturday, December 7, 2013
My handwriting loves to take the spotlight. I can't open my diary without there being a whole kerfuffle over it. "Is that your handwriting?!"... "Oh my gosh, it looks like it's own font!"... "Doesn't it take you ages to write like that?". Ok, so I will admit that it is pretty neat, but I just can't stand to look at what I have written if it isn't perfect. Sometimes I think I am OCD when it comes to my handwriting. If it isn't neat, I will screw it up and start again. It has to be perfect for me to feel organised and in control. I will write 5 different lists (one personal, one for work, one for the home blah blah blah...) to make sure I have listed absolutely everything I could possibly forget about doing.
This year, I forgot to list "write down a Christmas list". In a move completely unlike me, I have not even started preparing for Christmas, and it is just around the corner. Even writing that sentence I could feel myself getting short of breath. The present buying, the all important wrapping theme (colours, patterns, ribbons...), what I am even going to be doing, it is all so up in the air. Thank the Holy carrots Boohoo was on the ball and helped me sort out my Christmas outfit otherwise I fear I would have been naked. Slight exaggeration. But here you have it, a sneak preview of one of my Christmas outfits, and one of the only things I have organised for the impending Christmas season.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Twosie from Friends of Fancy | Wild Horses necklace | Sportsgirl clutch | Boohoo heels
I have found myself at the beach increasingly more often of late. In the event of me finally purchasing a new car, getting to the beach is much easier than it had been over the past year. My most recent visit to the beach was this Sunday just gone for the Cenote swimwear launch at Ocean One bar in Scarborough. I spent the afternoon with fellow bloggers (thanks Kiara and Brooke for helping with these shots!), bikinis, big boobied and banging bodied babes, bikinis, and beers (and bikinis). Dressed in my little twosie and heels, I felt quite out of place in the laid back beachside setting, but I took it and ran with it, it was a fashion show after all!
Friday, November 29, 2013
Cotton On T-shirt | Vintage Leather Skirt | Wittner Wedges | My Secret Agent Lover Man Necklace
Picked up for a dime in the op shop during the month long Restyle challenge, this skirt gets two different reactions, both at polar ends of the scale. Half the population adore it and can't believe I was lucky enough to find such a gem, the other half want to vomit in their laps at this hideous 80's monstrosity. The people who think the latter can go jump. As if you can't appreciate an Australian made, genuine leather skirt from the 80's, especially considering a) the cost of anything made from genuine leather these days and b) the cost of anything manufactured in Australia if you can find it.
Oh, and before I forget, I ask you all to be patient with me and this space as I go through some transitions. I pretty much lost myself for a few months and I am working hard and fast to regain the 'me' I used to be and this involves spending time on a lot of things that may take me away from here a little bit more. Sorry not sorry.