Sentosa Island from the Boardwalk (the cheapest way of crossing over into Sentosa)
Butterflies at the Butterfly house on Sentosa
Obligatory tourist shot with the baby Merlion
The Tiger Tower lookout on Sentosa
Attempting to be ace at trapezing... turns out I'm not a whiz at it
My transformers bucket from Universal studios doing it's transforming thing
Garrett's popcorn... just do yourself a favour
The cable cars to Sentosa. This is around 17 stories up eeek!
I die. Pina Colada sorbet in a 1/2 pineapple cup
Cheesy tourist shot in the mouth of the giant Merlion lookout
The view from the Merlion's head, out to the south of Singapore
Universal Studio kids
The giant Merlion Lookout
Home of that famous ogre at Universal
LA in Universal
The mother-freaking HUGE Madagascar ship at Universal
Garrett's caramel popcorn... oh my
Outside Mel's Diner
I won't lie, Joel and I got up to a lot on our holiday in Singapore. We are very much the "get out there, do the touristy thing, experience life as a local and generally just see our holiday destination" type of people. While it is all well and good to enjoy your hotel and some relaxation time, you are in another country for a reason!
Two days out of our 10 were spent on the little island of Sentosa, just off the South Coast of Singapore. Sentosa Island is pretty much a tourist mecca. It is home to Universal Studios Singapore, Siloso Beach, wave pools, down hill go-cart luges, cable cars, a casino and much, much more. Naturally, being the type of holidayers we are, Sentosa was a no-brainer for us!
We ended up buying a two day "Play Pass" which entitled us to one day entry at Universal Studios, and a second day of entry into Sentosa's other attractions. The passes were around $140.00 each, but represented great value for money. Alone, entry into each of the attractions the Play Pass allowed us in to would have been over $300.00. So for two days Joel and I gallavanted around Universal and Sentosa like giddy children hopping on and off rides, and eating all the goodies we could find.
Hints, Tips and Advice about Sentosa:
- Buy a Play Pass combo package. You save so much money on entry fees, and you even get a return trip on the cable car between Singapore and Sentosa free!
- Eat at the Malaysian food hall just outside the entrance into Universal Studios. $4.00 Chicken rice and all the Asian delights you could eat under one roof - you will laugh at the people who choose to spend $40.00 on meals elsewhere.
- Buy an express pass at Universal Studios. For an extra $60 per person, you can avoid line-ups and actually enjoy your day at Universal!
- Try and carry as little as you can if you are going to Universal. They rip you off something chronic on the locker hire and you don't want to drop your Shrek ears off the rollercoaster (Joel, I am looking at you)
- Overcome your fear of heights. Most things on Sentosa involve heights in some way, shape or form. If you want to enjoy them to the max, you need to be brave!
- Do the 3D log ride on Sentosa before you do the 3D Transformers ride in Universal. Do it the other way around and you will be let down
- Go on the Luge more than once. This is necessary. It is so much fun and there are a number of different tracks to go down
- Buy a beer at Universal Studios. It is a novelty carrying a giant Universal cup around the theme park full of beer
- Expect to be drenched in either sweat, water from the rides or spilled beer